Decluttering Diva is proud to support local causes including:
- Asquith Boys High School
- North Shore Mums Smiles2U
- Studio Artes Fire Appeal
- Every Little Bit Helps
- Rescue Resource
- Sail for Cancer (Bobbin Head Cruising Club)
- Autism Spectrum Australia (ASPECT)
- North Shore Mums
- OXFAM – trail walking team featuring Kara from The Block
- Hornsby Heights Public School
- Hornsby North Public School
- Wideview Public School
- Cancer Council Biggest Morning Tea
- Wahroonga Tigers Rugby Club
- Daniel Morcombe Foundation
- Berowra APEX
- Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury
- Hornsby Womens Shelter
- Our Lady of Dolours Public School
- Turramurra Public School
- and more…
Decluttering Diva recommends you support these causes in donating your unwanted clutter to reduce waste in landfills and help those in need:
- Cardboard, gas bottles, computer tech, paint, batteries and Xrays -Can all be recycled at Hornsby Councils Recycling Depot in Thornleigh
Mattress & Base Recycling Service $35 per piece
- Sport Shoes:
Got some sport shoes that still have plenty of life? Click on the link to find your closest drop off point – there are 3 just in Hornsby!
- Kids clothes, Baby supplies, Food:
Mummies Paying it Forward is a local Sydney group that collects for many worthy causes and distributes your donations as needed.
- Hotel toiletries, makeup samples etc:
Every Little Bit helps takes your unwanted hotel toiletries, inflight amenity kit, cosmetic & makeup samples and distributes them to the homeless.
All donations can be sent to PO Box 340 Forestville NSW 2087
- Dresses (Formal/ After 5 etc):
1. Share: Pop a beautiful dress of yours online for someone else to own and love like new
2. Wear: Pick a gorgeous dress to own – free!
- Fabric, Needlecraft & More:
Achieve Australia takes donations of all things craft & sewing at their stores located at Newington, Balmain & Kincumber NSW. Funds raised from sales go to help people with disabilities learn life and work skills. Contact them on Ph: 9807 3770 for more information and opening hours.
- Pet Related Accessories or Food:
Rescue Resource NSW try to ease the load of animal charities by sourcing and supplying much needed items at no charge through group buying power. They gratefully accept any pet-related items being given away, and put them into the hands of NSW rescue organisations.
- Books & Magazines:
Donate your unwanted books and magazines to the Footpath Library and they will be distributed to homeless people to help enrich their lives. Make sure to check out their website to see what genres/ conditions are acceptable and where to drop off.
- Timber/Woodworking Tools:
Got any timber (or woodworking tools) lying around? Donate them to the Men’s Shed and they will turn it into a beautiful handcrafted toy to be donated to charity. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off directly at 33a Sefton Road Thornleigh.
- Business Attire:
Dress for Success improves the employability of women in need by providing, free of charge, professional clothing, a network of support and the career development tools to help women achieve self-sufficiency. Donate your unused workwear and accessories to help dress women for success.
Fitted for Work has drop off locations in Parramatta and Melbourne (city) Fitted for Work will use your donations to help women look their best to gain employment and ultimately financial independence.
- Unused Bath & Pamper Products:
The Beauty Bank is a group that provides women, men and young people in need with the little luxuries in life that most of us take for granted like essential toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, body washes, razors, candles, anything that would help someone feel a little special about themselves when in a position of need or distress.
Zilch is an awesome website to list items that you want to give away for free. They also have a great list of places that could take your unwanted clutter
zilch.com.au Oddswop gives you your own Community classifieds site for free.
oddswop.com Give Now has a huge list of places to donate clothes, blankets, cars, mobile phones, stamps, corks and more. Check out it out and see what is local (or what cause has significance to you)
- Have a Garage Sale!
- and more to come…
Have a suggestion of a great cause that could use others decluttered items?
I’d love to hear about it – email me at email@example.com 🙂